Our official name is United Evangelical Free Church of Guys Mills. (A mouthful, we know) But check out our Mission, our Vision, our Values and we think you'll find a home here at GuysMillsChurch. The best way, though, is for you to come and visit and experience our Church Family for yourself.
We believe our Church exists to help people know Jesus and to make Him known.
To that end, we work hard to help people in their relationship with Jesus.
Our Vision, in fulfillment of our mission: is to move those in our Church towards living the LIFE together. A true disciple of Jesus is someone who: is Learning to obey Jesus and His Word – is being Impacted by Jesus in the whole of their life – is Following Jesus by imitating His way, priorities, and passions – and is Engaging others to help them trust and follow Jesus. Together we seek to enter into this LIFE to increase our capacity to grow and become disciple-making disciples of Jesus.
This is probably more information than you wanted to know at first.
But these values are also a part of what we are shooting for as a church.
- We value our dependence on God, so we will seek to handle all things with Prayer (Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- We value God’s Word, the Bible, as the authority in our lives so we will seek to contextualize our life to the truth of it (2 Timothy 2:15, 3:16-17).
- We value holiness so we will seek to live in a way that is pleasing to God in all aspects of life. (1 Peter 1:15-16, Romans 12:1-2).
- We value life-change and transformation in individuals and within the Church so we will implement an intentional discipleship process of transformation that encourages continual growth in Christ-like character and service. (2 Corinthians 5:17-21)
- We value Christ’s command to make disciples everywhere so we will actively and intentionally seek to make and send out more Christ followers and better Christ followers. (Matthew 28:18-20).
- We value leadership expressed through servanthood so we will actively seek to develop leaders who will impact our community and world for Jesus Christ. (John 13:14-17).
- We value the giftedness of each believer so we will consider each one as called and connected uniquely to serve as a minister of God’s grace. (Romans 12:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12; Ephesians 4:1-16)
- We value the joy of community so we will actively pursue authentic life together – all ages, all people, everyone as one (John 17:21, Romans 15:7, Hebrews 10:24-25).
- We value partnership, service and Kingdom building over building our church so we rejoice when other churches and Christians experience success as God uses them. We are also joyful when we are able to selflessly serve those outside of our church. (1 Corinthians 1:10-25; Philippians 1:15-18)
- We value excellence and innovation so we will actively seek relevant ways of encouraging Christ-centered life-change in individuals, in our community, and within the Church. (1 Corinthians 9:19-27)
- We value families so we will seek to creatively minister to each age group to encourage life-transformation in busy families. (Mark 10:13-16; Acts 16:31)
- We value teamwork so we will consistently seek to invite others to join us in the work God has called us to do. (Luke 10:1-2; Hebrews 10:24-25)